Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just a Minute

I was inspired to do this 'just a minute' feature in an incredibly roundabout way. I saw another Hanna as a commenter on a blog I was reading, so I clicked on her name to see her blog. It's lovely, and she had just posted about this feature she'd discovered. I liked the idea immensely, so I borrowed it. It's not stealing if we share a name, right?


reading…I just started the World in Half by Cristina Henriquez. I'm only a chapter or two in, but I'm enjoying the author's writing style and the main character's voice. Plus it takes place in Chicago, so that always makes it fun.

following...I came across Raising My Rainbow yesterday, and it is a fascinating read. Great stories about raising 5-year-old CJ, a " slightly effeminate, possibly gay, totally fabulous son," but this blogger also tackles all sorts of topics on gender, sexual development, and parenting that are really interesting.

watching…the new series House of Lies on Showtime. I love me some Kristen Bell, but I can't decide if I like it yet. It's very...adult...that's for sure.

listening…to the fabulous mix CD that a friend of us sends out every year as his Christmas card. This year's tops it all. My favorite song is decidedly Internet Killed the Video Star by The Limousines.



loving…my new boot socks that I picked up at Target the other day. They have excellent elastic at the top so they don't slip at all. Wishing I had got more than one pair. And don't get me started on how much I love my vintage Frye boots! My upstairs neighbor was cleaning out her mother-in-law's closet after she passed away last year, found these boots, and gave them to me. It took me a year to get around to trying them out, but now I wear them constantly.

making...Gifts for the twins downstairs who are turning one today. I hope these short sleeve onesies will fit them long enough so that they can actually wear them when it's warm!

baking…Planning the Burns Night Supper which is coming quickly. Saturday to be exact. Making the Chocolate Scotch Cake on Thursday if all goes according to schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment