Monday, April 19, 2010

My Signature Scent

Spring smells like citrus and greenery...and now so do I!  I can't stop smelling myself; I even put this one on when I get out of the shower sometimes so I can smell my wrist as I lie on my pillow falling asleep.  It's so subtle, fresh, and clean smelling that I can't get enough. 


I fell in love with this perfume when I got a sample of it from Sephora last year, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it because perfume is just too expensive.  However, as my tiny little sample capsule emptied slowly, and I went from wearing it daily to wearing it weekly to make it last longer, I finally decided to man up and shell out the funds to actually buy a bottle for myself.

It was good timing on my part because, not only is Miller Harris perfume not carried by Sephora anymore, but Tangerine Vert is getting increasingly hard to find.  I finally found it on eBay for about a third of the original retail price, so I am not only smelling amazing, but feeling lucky as well!  (This was definitely a gamble as perfume is often copied and nearly always copied badly.  I did check out the seller very carefully, making sure they had good feedback and a return policy, so I was pretty sure of what I would be getting.  And, sure enough, it was the real thing.)

There's the general fashion advice that you should pick one perfume and stick with it so it becomes sort of your signature.  The gist is that when people smell it, they will automatically think of you, but I've never really been able to stick with just one scent (as much as that indulges my love of being original and being the center of attention).  To be honest, I've never managed to finish an entire bottle of perfume before; I usually fail to think of perfume as a much-needed accessory.

I don't think that this latest perfume will change that for me either even if I keep wearing it everyday.  Orange notes are apparently very difficult to make last, so there will be no leaving a trail of scent in my wake as I dramatically exit a room.  A bit self-defeating on my part because the very light scent is what drew me to this perfume in the first place.  I do think that I'll keep wearing this one, so feel free to ask for a sniff of my wrist when I next see you.

1 comment:

  1. I too have lots of almost empty perfume bottles on my dresser. I don't know why I hang on to them, its not like I am going to use them again. I am definitely going to have to check out eBay (using your words of wisdom) for some new stuff!!

    ReplyDelete