Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our DIY Wedding


One of the things that I have enjoyed immensely about planning the wedding is envisioning what the whole enterprise will look like on the big day.  The flowers, the tables, the weather (dear Lord, I hope it doesn't rain!), the lawn games, the smiles, the words (just beginning to begin to contemplate the ceremony though so that is still VERY diaphanous).
The plan is to have our family all gathered in the lush backyard of my grandparents' house under the tall pines and the soft blue of the Vermont summer sky.  We'll have croquet and badminton games set up at one end of the yard and the tables for the meal nearby.  They'll be lovely tables covered by antique tablecloths (some of which have embroidered W's on them-borrowed from my Nana-which I love because they also look like M's!)
One table will be set up to be the bar, one will have the amazing food from our locally based caterer, and one will be piled high with a dessert buffet!  The other tables will be set up using both Emily's planning for the decor and Jessica's flower design and arrangement.  I love that I don't have to give either of those aspects a second thought beyond knowing that they will be phenomenal.  I laugh thinking that E & J will spend more time making the tables and flowers perfect than I have spent on any aspect of this day. (My meeting with the caterer took 15 minutes!)

I do know one part of the table design.  It's one bit that I am most excited about right now.  Both the dinner and cake plates we're using are really fun ones we've all been picking up from antique and thrift stores.  Here are some of my favorites, but only a few, as I have about 50 more faves packed up already!  Thank goodness that I have an extraordinary photographer to capture all these gorgeous details so that I can share them with all my friends later...and thank goodness I have extraordinarily gifted family members to help pull it all off!

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to elaborate on how amazing the flowers and table decor is going to look and how you specifically wanted nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever, I totally made a big deal about that part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plates!! You have great sisters and what a relief to not have to worry about those things!

    ReplyDelete