Monday, March 7, 2011

Yes to Vegetables!

I don't know how I came across this blog, but I'm sure it had something to do with a recent pin. I was sucked in by her lovely pictures, but stayed to read about a great idea she mentioned, Meatless Mondays.

After a weekend of intense meat-eating, Nathan and I were needing to focus on vegetables last week. I threw together a little plant-based meal of roast beets and sweet potatoes, quinoa, arugula, and goat cheese. It was just the light meal we needed to recharge. By the way, if you've never had roasted beets before, I definitely recommend them. They are SO good!

We liked the idea of meatless Mondays so we're going to try to do this every week. Tonight's menu? I'm thinking a vegetable stir-fry with bok choy, carrots, pea pods, and bean sprouts.

Photos taken at night using our iPod Touch,  so forgive the poor quality.
1. Quinoa
2. Roasted sweet potatoes and red beets
3. The finished dish

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could convince Matt to do Meatless Mondays. Great idea and the finished dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea - not sure I can get Nick and the kids on board (unless they get to eat mac and cheese every Monday, to which they would totally agree) but definitely trying to work more veggies in, maybe focusing on Monday's especially. And if you love beautiful pictures of food, you should check out the Pioneer Woman's blog (www.thepioneerwoman.com) and cook books if you haven't already! She's hilarious and the recipes are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete