Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things I Am Really Embarrassed to Admit

I ate 1/3 of a watermelon for lunch last Thursday.

Sometimes Nathan and I talk to our cat about his "mommy" or "daddy," and we are REFERRING TO EACH OTHER.

The other day I watched a homeless woman being evicted from the vestibule of the building across the road. An hour later I checked our vestibule to make sure she hadn't moved into ours.

Once I hit my head on the dryer door so hard that I had to lay down on the floor for awhile until I was sure I wasn't going to pass out.

In my fourth grade spelling bee, I got out in the first round because of the word barracks.

I am guilty of rage tweeting. Over a burrito. (Was going to link to them, but I'm pretty sure I deleted them out of shame.)

I was heckled by a small child hanging out the window of his apartment building during a recent tennis lesson. He was right, my swing did suck.

Once, on a day when I worked from home, I didn't brush my teeth until just before lunchtime.

I have used the phrase "kids today" to complain, in all seriousness, about an intern.

I spent a crazy long time trying to figure out what was wrong with our DVD player before finally realizing that I was trying to play a BluRay disc.

I am knowingly and voluntarily a part of a pyramid scheme.

3 comments:

  1. We do the mommy/daddy thing with our dog too! I don't know why, other than maybe we are parental figures?

    I fell head over heels off an exercise ball in front of Matt on Tuesday. It was embarrassing and hilarious at the same time.

    The closet door has to be closed when I go to bed so nothing can come out of it at night and I sleep all the way under the covers so nothing can get to me.

    You are not alone! We all do things we are embarrassed about and sharing them makes it even funnier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing some of your embarrassing secrets so I can feel better about mine:)

      Delete
  2. The "kids today" and DVD admissions are absolutely my favorite! Haha...I'm sure I have a dozen or so to share with you, but it's too late for me to think that hard :) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete