Monday, October 1, 2012

Saturday Project

We rearranged our bedroom recently, and with the new layout I no longer had a window ledge to use to hold my stuff. I needed a bedside table. At a recent neighborhood yard sale, I found a cute little beat up bedside table. It was missing some hardware and very scratched, but I realized that with a little paint and some replacement knobs, it would be better than new!


This Saturday I got to work. I picked up a quart of Valspar Sea Wave Semi Gloss from Lowe's and found some small knobs from Anthropologie for $6 each.

I got to work with my sandpaper, sanding down every part of the lacquer on the table so the paint would stick.

I had a little "help" with the sanding.
There was an offer to help paint, but I kindly turned them down.
Luckily the sun was quite strong and my paint dried quickly. I did at least 3 coats on everything, though there were probably five on the top. I screwed in the knobs and soaped up the bottoms of the drawers so they would slide smoothly (you can also use wax), and my project was finished!



I'll post a picture of this table in its new spot soon.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so great! Enjoy your new table!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out. Completely worth carrying it all through the neighborhoods!

    ReplyDelete