Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Want This Wednesday


I really really want an apple picking ladder.  That seems crazy, I know.  In fact, I admit that I have no idea what I would do with it.  Actually, it's more like I have too many ideas about what I could do with it.

I love the idea of using one as a shelf just about as much as I would love to have it in our guest bathroom holding hand towels.  I can also see using two of them on either side with shelves in between the rungs to create a little waist high bookcase or even a three shelf version to go under a window.  I could use one as a table top, covering it with glass and attaching legs, or I could use the ladders as the legs and find an old door for the table top.

Ahhh, so many options, such a ridiculous wish for now.  Can you imagine the shipping fee to send a LADDER from Virginia to Chicago?  Maybe I'll scout the tri-state area for orchards with old ladders they might be willing to sell.  Next summer though.  I've got a bit on my plate for now.

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative! My first thought was, where is she going to store an apple ladder when she's not using it to pick apples...in Chicago! Ah, I would have never come up with acutally *using* it in the house! When you find your apple ladder, you must post pictures! oh, and my vote is for the shelf in the guest bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the ladder in the bathroom also. You are so creative, Hanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think the ladder is a great piece. And having used one in Maryland last year for the actual purpose, I could definitely see the appeal! I think your bathroom idea is great. Or I could imagine it in an entryway as a place to put coats, scarves, etc in the winter. I also think you could put it in a bedroom for something similar.

    ReplyDelete