Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Odds and Ends

Leap years are the only years where Christmas and New Year's do not fall on the same day of the week, which is why this year our New Year's Eve falls on a Tuesday. And I'm pretty sure I don't get that day off. Some other interesting items of note about Leap Day on this list.

Favorite Comment EVER on YouTube (Concerning a Song Collaboration Between Lykke Li and Bon Iver): 

I just came across lino artist, Kevin O'Rourke, who is the March featured artist at Inkling here in Chicago. Love his work. I wonder if any of his stuff features any notable Edgewater landmarks? I wonder what those even are...? I guess the Edgewater Beach Hotel would be one at least.

George Takei has a blog, and it is really interesting. He is also a rather entertaining Facebook updater.
Example:

This month marked the 70th anniversary that Japanese Americans were required to first enter internment camps after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. George Takei talks about growing up in an internment camp on his blog and on NPR's Here and Now.


T-Rex Trying is one of those creative, clever, and funny ideas that I wish I had thought of myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment